Sunday, May 15, 2011

Religion

This is always a touchy subject; People aren't raised the same. (DUH) I was raised Catholic, growing up until my mother and father divorced and then we stopped going.

When I got pregnant with N, my now MIL and P encouraged me to go to church. Naturally I went where P grew up and his mom still goes. I absolutely love the church we have recently become official members and will raise our children in that church. P started attended that church when he was like 8 or 9; and has been going on and off since. I wanted to become members of the church to show our dedication to God, our religion, our friends and family at church and I also liked the accountability. We now had people that held us accountable for attending most Sundays. Obviously they aren't going to call if you skip a Sunday or two...but if it goes like five or six, they are going to call wondering what is up. Another thing I love about church other than God, is the relationship that build from the sense of community. P and I have moved a lot throughout the years and have never really developed a sense of neighbors. We have never been able to ask for a cup of sugar or a couple eggs, but with these new friends it's totally do-able.

I have been told religion isn't for everyone, but I love my God and he is certainly is working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment